Startect is the newest class of sheep drench and the only one to be released in combination for improved sustainability by managing resistance better.
Startect is a short-acting broad spectrum combination sheep drench that kills the most damaging worms, including those that are resistant to existing drenches.
It’s truly different
- Startect is the first new class of drench to be released in combination to better protect itself against resistance from the beginning.
- Startect combines derquantel (10 mg/mL), a revolutionary new active ingredient, with the established potency of abamectin (1 mg/mL).
- Startect’s built-in protection against worm resistance is called Pro-Active Dual Drench Technology.
- Unlike all classes before it, derquantel won’t be exposed as a single-active drench meaning resistance will be significantly delayed.
Two modes of action make it work differently to anything else to kill all the major production-limiting worms, including those that are resistant to other drenches.
- 28 day ESI (Export Slaughter Interval) keeps trading flexibility and speed to market in your operation.
- When used routinely it also prolongs the useful life of the older and more fragile drenches in your program, leaving you with more viable drench options in future.
- Dosing rate is simple at 1 mL per 5 kg.
- Startect was extensively road tested across Australia in over 200 farm trials, delivering 99% efficacy against the major production-limiting worms.
- This included areas facing significant drench resistance, so you can be confident that it works even where other drenches are failing.
Startect can be used every time an effective short-acting drench is required.
By installing it as the cornerstone drench in your program your operation will start gaining the significant benefits on offer.
- Safe to use in pregnant and lactating ewes
- Do not use in lambs weighing less than 15 kg or those under 6 weeks of age
- Do not use in goats, horses or any species other than sheep
To estimate the freight on this item simply enter the destination postcode and the desired quantity and click the "estimate" button.